Have you already experienced the joys of holiday in Thailand? Are you planning a return visit to further enjoy the unique Thai culture? Are you looking for somewhere to stay away from the busy and sometimes crowded main islands? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then please read on while I give you some great information on the southern picture-perfect area of Khao Lak. We will look at everything the area has to offer the holidaymaker and explore some of the better Khao lak hotels and resorts.
Finding Out More
Khao Lak is a series of villages in Phang Nga province on southwestern coast of the country. Its serene, beautiful beaches face out into Andaman Sea, it is easily reached via the airports in nearby Phuket or Krabi and a short taxi or bus ride. It is a relative uncrowded part of the country with a lot less nightlife than its noisier neighbours meaning is it great for couples and families. There are plenty of activities in and around the adjacent Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park and the area is also well renowned as a mecca for Scuba diving enthusiasts as the nearby Similan islands and stunning local coral reefs provide world class undersea opportunities.
Great Places to Stay
There is a varied choice of accommodation in the Khao Lak area ranging from the inexpensive beachside villas to the luxury resort hotels, some the best include –
- Khao Lak Merlin Resort – sitting on the fabulous Lam Kaen beach this eco-friendly resort offers individual villas hidden away in lush rainforest and also has its own spa.
- Chongfah Beach Resort – offering great value this oceanside resort in Hat Bang Niang features excellent sea-orientated bungalows from which to view the stunning sunsets of the Andaman Sea.
- Ocean Breeze Resort – Also good value are the Greek-style villas at this family friendly resort is surrounded by tropical rainforest around Nang Thong beach.
- Bangsak Village – For those couples seeking a small boutique style getaway this excellent hotel features open-plan rooms, a plush spa and its own restaurant and coffee shop.
- Le Menara – This luxury resort features villas that exude opulence with warm hardwood floors, private pools, and beachside sunset views. It is also great for families with a kids club and pool.
There are many other great hotels and resorts spread out along this stunning stretch of quiet coastline as further research will show, it is the perfect place for an unforgettable relaxing break with your loved ones.